The Foundation is constructing a 20,000 square foot education center at the Spanish Fork Airport, in Spanish Fork, Utah. We need your assistance!
Donate: Your gift helps kids! Your support will help us provide educational experiences to give encouragement and confidence to succeed in STEM fields. You can buy a personalized brick to be a permanent part of the Memorial Walk at the Center. See below for details. For other types of monetary gifts or sponsorship, contact us at email@example.com or Dr. Jim Stewart at (210) 724-6342. Our EIN is 81-2879837
Volunteer: No matter your background, you can join our team of volunteer Pathfinders who conduct tours and lead educational exploration sessions, or perform other service that fits your interests. If you would like to share your time to serve with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your interests and contact information
Few episodes of history bring smiles and touch hearts as effectively as The Candy Bomber. Perhaps you are aware of Gail S. Halvorsen, who brought hope to needy children by dropping candy tied to tiny parachutes during the post-war Berlin Airlift in 1948-1949. The Gail S. Halvorsen Aviation Education Foundation promotes values which give rise to acts of service, and provides educational opportunities for children to experience science, technology, engineering, and math in a practical and hands-on fashion.
Donate with Credit Card or through PayPal
Place your name in a place of honor and help build the Gail S. Halvorsen Aviation Education Center at the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport.
Your personalized brick will be featured in an outdoor plaza at the Gail S. Halvorsen Aviation Education Center. This 20,000 square foot facility will be built at the entrance to the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport. This facility will provide the platform for the Foundation’s initiatives and will be one of the first educational enrichment facilities of its kind in the southern portion of Utah County. The purposes of this facility are:
– Provide space to house STEM educational enrichment events for local schools and private youth groups.
– Display memorabilia and artifacts which visually depict the Candy Bomber story to perpetuate the rich legacy of Gail S. Halvorsen’s remarkable career.
– Provide meeting space for like-minded organizations that support the Foundation’s education and humanitarian service missions
– Provide operating location for Civil Air Patrol in the central region of Utah.
– Support emergency response capacity in the region by providing an annex to the county emergency operations center, allowing expanded community participation in emergency or disaster response.
Join us in commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the Berlin Airlift and in honoring one of its heroes: Colonel Gail S. Halvorsen.